Welcome to Aviation Valley in southeastern Poland, famous for its aerospace industry and pilot training centers. This region has a heavy concentration of aerospace industry, scientific research centers, as well as educational and training facilities. Aviation Valley is one of the best places in Central Europe for the development and fulfillment of aerospace projects. The exceptional highlights that Aviation Valley offers:
- 100 Years of aviation history
- 80 years of history in the aircraft industry
- 90% of Polish aerospace industry output
- Cost effective work force and production
- Over 24,000 experienced and dedicated employees
- University of Technology with a strong Aerospace Engineering Faculty
- Investor friendly environment
- Centrally located international airport
- Major highway linking southeastern Poland to southwestern Poland and Germany
The Aviation Valley Association was started on April 11, 2003, as a non-profit organization, as a means to furthering the rapid development and growth of the aerospace industry in southeastern Poland. This historic decision was conceived by a group of leading aeronautic producers, suppliers and businessmen. Significant funding for the Association has been provided by Pratt & Whitney, a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, space propulsion systems and industrial gas turbines. The objectives of the Aviation Valley Association:
- The organization and development of a low cost supply chain.
- The creation of favorable conditions in order to enhance the development of aerospace industry enterprises in this region.
- The further development of aerospace research, aptitude and skill.
- The cooperation with universities of technology, which would promote new ideas and scientific research within the aerospace industry.
- The promotion of the Polish aerospace industry.
- The protection of enterprise and businesses in the aerospace industry.
- The influence on the Polish government’s economic policy towards the aerospace industry and its domain.
The Aviation Valley Association currently represents 160 companies within the region, with several others in the process of applying for membership.
Our most important short and medium term goals are:
- to improve the existing manufacturing base.
- to create a strong and reliable network of subcontractors and a low-cost supply chain.
- to attract foreign investment.
- to develop a relationship with other European centers of the aerospace industry.
- to promote joint cooperation of the industry with universities of technology, and research centers.
The long-term objective of the Aviation Valley Association is to transform southeastern Poland into one of Europe’s leading aerospace regions, which would be able to provide a diverse cross section of products and services for the most demanding clients.